Yesterday we had to cancel our BVI charter. The Canadian government is discouraging all unnecessary international travel and strongly suggesting that if we do travel, we should self isolate for two weeks when we return. Additionally, the BVI has introduced new screening and the possibility of being put into isolation upon arrival, and we are in a high risk demographic.
When we cancelled, Air Canada was very helpful and has extended our tickets for a year. Similarly Inter Caribbean has extended for a year. Riteway cancelled our provisioning immediately, and Montreal Airport even refunded our pre paid parking for a week. The only people who were unwilling to offer any assistance was the Charter Company, a company that We have used exclusively for 15 years for Caribbean charters.
I know that all the companies recommend cancellation insurance but these seem to be contingent on someone being sick, or, the destination being on the government travel advisory list so could be a challenge to collect.
Given the current situation I wonder if it is unreasonable to think that the charter companies and yacht owners might share in the cost. Not a refund, but perhaps some sort of discount for a future charter. Am I being unreasonable?

Tim