I just got off the phone with an AA ticketing agent. Last year we booked two Business/First class seats for our mid-April annual trip when they first went on sale. Because of the early purchase date we actually got a great price for those prime seats and with all the changes that took place prior to the present situation, we were able to get exactly the flight I wanted from our regional airport connecting through CLT into SXM. I was psyched....

Not so much at this point!

I didn’t have to wait on hold and got a call back in less than ten minutes. The reservation agent I spoke with was aware of the problem and couldn’t have been more helpful or sympathetic. She was able to assure me that when AA cancels your flights you are entitled to a full refund in the form of original payment even if it was sold as a non-refundable ticket. And that’s where the good news ends........ If the airline has NOT OFFICIALLY NOTIFIED you of the cancellation via email you have to consider it as still a go until they do so.

They are well aware of their own publicity blurbs of a return date of May 6 and flight is no longer listed in the AA schedule for the dates as planned BUT it hasn’t officially and technically been cancelled so if I cancel myself now I have to take a credit for future use. Needless to say I’m waiting for the airline to issue a cancellation email.

I don’t know if any part of this might be helpful to others but that’s their latest policy. I did try to point out they had cancelled their flights through CLT but that was apparently too general and there needs to be a specific flight cancellation.

And in the meantime, I’ve gotten an email from JB with regard to rescheduling our return flight for the same trip. Not so sure I’m ready to deal with them yet so I think I’ll wait a while for that one.

Last edited by pat; 03/19/2020 01:25 PM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."