And this was a reliable source you "heard" this from? Sorry, but I don't see the government of SXM doing this but I may be 100% wrong. AA also abruptly cancelled flights earlier in the week that left many scrambling and booking on Delta.

Delta seemed to have a better handle on things than the other airlines but they also had glitches, poor information at times, website not working properly and often showing different information that what counter agents were seeing and left people hanging as well. According to the flight attendant (Delta) on the flight I went out on, the SXM Delta "station manager" had a lot to do with "negotiating" with the SXM government and airport to get Delta flights in. I believe it was him I heard on the radio a day or so prior to leaving, discussing options and plans for Delta and some other airlines. Looks like I am going to have to be calling Delta in regard to the flight THEY cancelled (and I then cancelled so as to not be a "No show" just in case) as no credit of any sort is showing up yet.

Glad you have arrangements made.

J.D.