Thanks GoKaye (Georgia, right?) ... I wish I was a medical professional, but fell short in the gray matter area! However, our youngest son Andrew (whom I have referenced on this board in the past) works for a bio tech company called MaxCyte out of Gaithersburg, MD. They recruited him to be their west coast Field Application Scientist based in California after he completed his post doc at Genentech in San Francisco. Although his primary field of research had been colo-rectal cancers, that all changed when when COVID-19 emerged as a world threat. Their company has partnered with the top pharmaceutical companies of the world (14 of them, i.e. Pfizer, Merck, Roche, GlaxoSmithKline, etc.) to deliver the testing platforms necessary to research this at the molecular level and create a medicine and eventually a vaccine for COVID-19. Last week they partnered with Eli Lilly and the work is moving at a frenetic pace there. The bio tech labs of the world can study this at the molecular level and hopefully that's where the answers will be, but it will take big pharma to produce the medicine or vaccines that can be delivered on a mass scale to the world's population. He believes a vaccine will be ready by Christmas. He had spent a summer studying at MIT while an undergraduate and has told me that their scientists are fairly certain that the warmer months will slow down the spread of the coronavirus. Not stop it completely, but begin to slow it down which can hopefully "flatten the curve".

More exciting is a report that has been posted on MIT.edu that he referred to where scientists there have engineered a peptide that can be administered to a COVID-19 infected person which blocks the virus from entering the respiratory system. If this works, it would greatly reduce if not eliminate the mortality rate because it would essentially stop primary and secondary pneumonia's from developing in our lungs. So, for the sake of all of us let's hope these scientists are right.