According to the story in the Daily Herald the other day, Juliana is currently in a two month (at least) hibernation period. This was announced after April 1, so logically it would extend past June 1. Now, they have not actually ANNOUNCED the date to which Juliana is definitely closed to, so I suppose it is theoretically possible that Juliana could re-open before June 1, but I would not be betting any of MY money on that. And frankly I just don't see a scenario in which I would personally be comfortable in traveling to SXM at the end of May.

What you should do in your situation, I have no idea. If your schedule of your flights hasn't changed yet and the flight is still 'technically' on, if you cancel now, you will have to accept a voucher, if you paid in money. BUT I actually don't know what the process is if you have paid with FF miles. No one has really posted what the options are with regard to that, but I guess that you would have to re-book within one year of the date of the original booking, and don't have the option to re-deposit the miles. My suggestion is you might want to call them and see what your options are.

For flights paid for in cash, I think it's a no-brainer to cancel if you can. I am not at all convinced that AA (or any other airline) will not end up in Chapter 11 or even a 7, and I prefer to get my cash back and not buy a claim in bankruptcy. RECOGNIZE that the price could go way up after they start flying again. Or the prices could be stupid cheap. Anyone that says they know the answer to that conundrum is lying.. For flights booked with frequent flyer miles, I really don't know what the real options are..

Carol Hill