I got a phone call from AA shortly after 9pm last night. It was a rather strange call. The agent asked me if I was aware of the changes AA had made to my flights. I told her I was aware of the changes but was not concerned since I knew the flights would be cancelled anyway. She proceeded to tell me the flights were still showing to be departing on the scheduled dates. I told her that maybe the DFW-MIA would depart but not the MIA-SXM leg because PJIA was closed and not scheduled to open until after my flights. She seemed to be not aware of that fact. She asked me if I wanted her to cancel the flights. I told her to cancel the flights and then I questioned her on refunds vs. vouchers. She said I could go to refunds.aa.com to request a refund. I then asked her about the 20% extra if I chose a voucher. She told me that I would be given that option during the refund process. Like I said, it was a strange call as I had not received anything from AA prior to the call. I have all the notifications enabled on my account. Below is the email that I received confirming the cancellation.

"Your trip is canceled

Record locator:

Trip canceled on: April 21, 2020 at 9:12 PM (CT)

Don’t worry, the value of your ticket is safe. Please wait to call until you’re ready to rebook, and you’ll be able to use the value of your unused ticket and seat purchase toward a future trip.

Keep this email, which includes your ticket number, for when you’re ready to rebook.

If your trip was not booked directly with American, please contact your travel agency or original booking source to rebook your trip.

If you canceled within 24 hours of ticket purchase, and at least 2 days before departure, we’ll process your refund automatically.

Read more about our coronavirus updates."