I think I'll wait to see what comes of this before reacting, but if they go ahead with this plan then, initially, I have no choice since my boat is on the hard in the BVI and I can't get to sail away (and have nowhere to sail away to which is open). But after the hurricane season and re-opening of borders I will vote with my feet. After almost 20 years of keeping a boat in the BVI I realize that I've had enough. I find that the attitude of the belongers towards tourists has gotten worse over the years while the BVI continually finds new fees, taxes and surcharges to levy on tourists without actually giving anything back in return. This seems to be just another way of generating income (for certain people) and while the big charter companies will certainly figure out inexpensive solutions the large contingent of private boat owners will not have this luxury. What really irks me is the timing, just at a point in time where boat owners cannot get the boats out before the hurricane season and have no choice - that leaves a very bitter taste.

It is said that one's true character comes out in times of crises. I think that enforcing this new regulation in this time of crises is not a wise move.

[Linked Image]