Originally Posted by Bvicatter
Jason- if I am wrong I stand corrected. I recall reading that the main power station on Tortola was out of commission for a long time because they could not source an electrical panel-

In my chartering experiences in BVIs, no where have I ever seen a recycling station where we can drop off glass and aluminum. I don't dispute that they exist- we do look, and have often wondered why an environmentally sensitive country does not put a greater emphasis on recycling the mounds of tourist (and locals) generated glass, aluminum, etc.

In any event- wishing you and all peace and health during these odd times.

JAM
Annapolis, Md

No doubt, the recycling is not convenient for charter guests, which is a shame. The charter companies would have to put in a significant effort to allow guest to collect during their charter and then drop off for them after the fact. It's new here and will hopefully expand.

Next season, we plan to start a pilot program on our property that allows guests to collect glass in bins we provide and weekly we will take the initiative to deliver to the central locations for collection. If it's successful, we'll add aluminum next.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com