Originally Posted by RatmansWife
We have not stayed there, but we shop and eat there fairly often. We have friends who live there and other friends who stay there since Irma destroyed their house. It's a convenient choice and the Riteway, while small, is adequate if you're not too fussy.

My question is, if you're doing several daysails, why don't you just charter a boat? Many people here can give advice on sailing with small children. They all love it. Charter a boat with a captain couple and you and your wife can really enjoy the vacation.

What are your dates? Christmas/New Years is high season, but I'm guessing there are going to be some deals this coming year.

I am already seeing the deals on charters, and have been thinking about it. My main issue is my 12 and 10 yr old are strong swimmers, I will have a 6yr old and being on a boat the whole time may ruin the vacation for my wife, and possibly myself. I will continue to explore it.

Originally Posted by sail445
Nanny Cay is is basically in the boon docks when it comes to restaurants and bars.
In my opinion you would be better off getting a captain only bare boat and take your children sailing through the islands, the rates would be comparable to a hotel and the young ones would enjoy it.
The other option would be to go to St John USVI where there’s endless beautiful beaches and restaurants with Friendly service and positive attitudes.

For the record, I do plan on renting a vehicle. I'm probably in the minority but I enjoy driving on Tortola. The only better way to see all the great spots is by boat of course. I don't see the location as an issue, it will be way easier than our villa atop Brewers Bay. I will look a little more into the boat for a week though. I'm open to other islands but we have a family history with the BVI. I kinda have to take my kids there to get it off my bucket list.

Thanks all for the input so far.