I like NC and can see it's appeal. Not sure what you've looked at for accommodations, but some of the condos there close the pool are available for short term stays. I think they would be a nicer choice than the hotel. I can see how it would be attractive for what you want to do but would caution you about thinking of it as a resort. If you've stayed at resorts in Mexico or other vacation destinations, its very different. Not nearly the level of service you'd find at a real resort that has a cohesive brand and customer service orientation. NC is more like a middle of the road hotel that happens to be near a few shops, a restaurant, and a marina. Regarding restaurants, I really only think you have Genakers for lunch/dinner and the pool bar. I like the pool bar (eat there 3-4 times/month) but I think it would get old fast. You said you'd have a car so you have plenty of other options near by. Genes, Pussers, Omars café, and Omar's fusion are all less than 10 minutes and Road Town is only about 15 minutes. If your kids can be entertained for a week with a couple of day trips and a pool, it would be a great option for a vacation. Plus you can drive to Cane Garden Bay or Smugglers for a beach day pretty easily.

I own www.coconutbreezevillas.com (Agape Cottages) in CGB and your fear of the cruise ships is real. Before 11am and after 3pm, it's fine but can be crowded other times. We have plenty of suggestions for guests on ship days that keeps them busy. The beauty of CGB is the proximity of lots of restaurants, bars, entertainment, groceries, and the beach. If you decide to explore CGB and have questions, let me know. We do offer a TTOL discount and have a 2 bedroom unit that is great for families!!

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com