This is a very precarious time for the BVI. They simply cannot afford to stay shutdown or make tourism so onerous no one will visit. There has to be a plan that allows tourists to enter without major inconvenience. Or they will not come. The loss of the cruise ship revenue, the financial services cutbacks and now the yachts could put the BVI into bankruptcy at a time the UK can’t afford to or will not choose to bail them out. The $7 million squandered on airline and the millions spent on studies to expand the airport would be very handy right now. I was one of the first back after Irma bringing relief supplies as soon as it was open for nonbelongers. We showed up from STT in a chartered boat full of relief supplies including generators. We were greeted with snobby attitudes including one of our group being directed to take off his sunglasses. At one point it looked liked we were going to be denied entry. It took 90 minutes to clear 8 people and we were the only ones at CI.

To all who may be considering travel to the BVI once the tourists are permitted be ready for total confusion and a complete lack of respect from CI. I love sailing the BVI but I am not going back until they have it together. And that will not be anytime this year or maybe next.