I live just outside Toronto, in Ontario, Canada. I had to get the Covid test yesterday, on advice from my doctor, as I had some sketchy symptoms and I'm 70 years old. I was told I would get the results in 3 to 5 days. If I tested positive I would get a call from the health department. If I have heard nothing after 5 days, I can check my results online. If you needed a printed copy of your results, you had to have a very good reason for asking. Travel did not appear to be a good enough reason.

I felt very sorry for the lady and 2 small children in front of me who wanted to fly to Lebanon on Friday and needed written test results by then. The nurse and the doctor at the test site told her over and over there was no way she would get them.

Anyone thinking of going to SXM from this area might want to take note.

However, it does appear that test results are available faster under other circumstances. My sister had minor surgery last week. On Monday, I drove her to the hospital so she could be tested pre-op. She had the test at 1:00 p.m. Monday and got the results on her cel phone at 1:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. Priorities, I guess.