I know quite a few people who live or are staying on the island long term. I believe that masks are required when inside any restaurant, shop, groceries, markets etc. and the same social distancing we are supposed to follow here in the States. I can only speak for myself, but not everyone adheres to the instructions here in the States, so the same types of people probably aren't going to follow the instructions there. I also do not see anybody enforcing mask wearing even though many establishments have signs before you enter saying "masks ae required".

We live in Florida--we don't go out every night to dinner--maybe once or twice a week at most. My friends on the island are doing the same. That will be a problem for those coming on a short vacation who want to go out a lot. That is the difference between living somewhere and vacationing. People on vacation want to have a good time--and I don't blame them one bit, but it is what it is.

I suppose you just have to walk out of a place that is not following what they are supposed to be doing. The island cannot have a police guard stationed at every restaurant or bar. It is up to the owners/managers to do it. And in the end, we are the ones who are responsible for taking care of ourselves--nobody else.