I really cannot answer your question, but since your quotes were from my reports, here's my two cents.

Most of the Dutch side establishments had Covid-19 signs regarding masks and hand washing. Almost all of the places we went to had hand sanitizing stations when you walked in. I brought Clorox wipes with me and would wipe down the table and chairs before we sat down. I was a germaphobe before the coronavirus and I'm even more so now.

Masks are being worn in the supermarkets and in the airport. Mask compliance by workers in the restaurants and bars was dependent on the place you went to. No consistency at all. If we weren't comfortable with the compliance situation, we left. We do the same here at home.

Someone told us that if you are outdoors, a mask does not need to be worn. In some restaurants, if we walked in with masks, the employees would scurry to put masks on also. Not sure if they were afraid of catching something from us, or not. Most people walking into outdoor restaurants did not wear masks. I really didn't care, as long as they were six feet away from us.

As for the beach, Club Orient chairs are at least six feet apart. Chairs on the northern part of Orient were not six feet apart. Mullet Beach on a Sunday was busy, with no social distancing. There's hardly anyone on the beaches now, so it wasn't an issue for us.

Social distancing in the three airports we went through is non-existent, unfortunately, but mask wearing is probably 100%.

So, in a nutshell, it's up to you to decide what you're comfortable with. We have no regrets.

Jo-

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.