Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl2
I have a question...if they are truly so concerned about COVID...why were they all using the same microphone during the JVD new conference and holding it mere inches from their face as they passed it around. Additionally, the Premiere and the guy next to him in the purple shirt were often sitting side by side and neither was wearing a mask.

So...Is this really about keeping everyone safe? I, personally, don't think so.

Sadly, I have $ tied up in a charter for jan '21 that I do not believe is going to happen.

My opinion (and YES, i know what they say about opinions...) is that life must go on...this virus has a 99% recovery rate.....

The problem is the issue isn't the recovery rate. That has always been part of it. The bigger issue is the rate is dependent upon those needing care getting it. That has always been the biggest issue. And just recently in Utah there was a woman who had a heart attack and needed ICU care and was delayed in getting it because the local hospital had no ICU space available due to covid. She ended up getting it but it likely put her in a worse situation. Imagine something like this in the BVI? Dying because of covid but never having had it?

THAT is the real issue. 1% fatality rate (and I've heard 2.5% from experts) is still also not anything to dismiss, that's 1 in 200 people. The younger one is, the better those odds become, but even those that get through it can have long term effects.

So I'm really not surprised the BVI hasn't made solid plans yet. With the US seeing a huge increase in cases and little being done in many areas to control it and Eurpoe now seeing additional restrictions because they too are seeing increased cases, I'll be surprised if they open in any reasonable way that allows tourists in. I think we're going to see them have restrictions in place that prevent tourists until a vaccine is available and then they'll require anyone coming in to have that as well as a negative test. Just my 2 cents.

Matt