Indeed in latest article they say they had vaccinated 2032 by feb 23 in an article about the premier getting his shot. Curious as to why they waited a full week after arrival of vaccine and appeared to be giving a low number of doses daily between the 11th and 23. The previous article saying 200 doses must have been confused and talking about a daily total near the high of that 12 days.

It would seem that provisions would have been in place to get it up and rolling before the vaccine arrived and the process would have begun immediately not a week later. I understand there is no epidemic there but there is something of a tourist deficit. That deficit can be solved by vaccinating much of the country and as many of the elderly, overweight and those with medical issues as possible. Then there should be no need for quarantine of vaccinated tourists who test negative prior to travel. That is needed to open up tourism to those wanting a week long vacation on yachts or land based.

Their main country supplying tourists, the US should have vaccine available to all who want it by April or May. Dr. Gotleib who was fda commissioner and on the board of Pfizer said he thought with JnJ coming on board that there would be vaccine available for those who want it in April. Connecticut, he said was now lowering the age for eligible vaccination to 55. It’s going to be like a coiled spring when people who could not travel feel safe. Destinations that can protect their populations through vaccination and open without quarantine will thrive. If not they will simply lose a second year.

If I was in government I would light a fire under the health Secretary to get that vaccine in arms ASAP starting on arrival. I would have psa playing constantly and address all the wild claims in the comments section of local media. . If they can be ready to go when most in us have access to vaccine, they can insist on proof of vaccination if they choose and still have enough tourists to make a big difference to a lot that are suffering economic hardship.

https://www.bviplatinum.com/news.php?articleId=32361

Btw, the other news item was a 360,000.00 payment for two barges that C&i used for one month. I have no clue but that sounds pretty steep price.

Last edited by Will_L; 02/26/2021 02:25 PM.