The only time i had an issue since 1979 was when Vinnie of Corsairs (he hates all his customers, he told me that he just wants their money and he said anyone who gives money to the JVDPS is "an idiot",) accused me of stealing his business on JVD since i did a couple of day charters there, so he stole my dinghy and cut my anchor bridle before I awoke and chased his emmissary off. Otherwise, i too have had no problems. But I don't park in one place very long, in 2010-2011 i sailed 150 out of 365 days while living aboard for example. For a "cruiser" that stays in one place for months at a time, i can't comment because that's not why i have a boat, i have a house for that! ;=P
Now i do day charters and run this tree top all local wood bar and grill. Hope to see you soon!
Peace.
And yes, Joshua was my dad...u got me on that one. My dad did throw loose nuts and bolts up on the mainsail during prestart sequences during regattas back in the day to spook the competition into thinking something was about to break...

Captain Mark
Living on land and running day charters out of Prince Rupert Bay, Dominica aboard Sanctuary, an IS37 catamaran.