I have had mixed results with VRBO. Their cancellation policies are strict - I never did get my deposit back for a Covid cancelled March 15, 2020 trip. After we had to cancel, because our flights were cancelled, and the island was going into lockdown; the unit owner of the unit advised - for the first time - that he had a 30 day cancellation policy. ( I am still trying to get satisfaction through PayPal ).. If you can reserve with a credit card, the credit card company will always have your back
Having said that, I did use VRBO to book a studio in Orient Village, for a trip this coming December. The reviews of the property did note limited American TV reception, but I am not a big sports fan , so it makes no difference to us. The unit is also pretty close to the southern end of the beach. I looked into staying at the Palm Court Hotel, but, with a weak dollar, their rates are almost $300/ night. La Playa is even more expensive. Also, the studio has a washing machine - a big plus.
We really like the Orient Village location - close to shops and restaurants, as well as an easy walk to OB.
If you are looking to save money, you might try to get adjoining units at the Mount Vernon. Good luck.