Been here since March 27, leaving April 10. The first week weather was very windy. Staying at Divi.Property was beautiful and it was great to see many longtime staff. Gizmo's cafe was very good as always how the food at Pure Ocean leaves much to be desired. Overpriced ( they actually charged us $3 dollars for a bottle of water at the Easter Bruch which was $35 each) and the food it self was mediocre at best. Pasta station featured box pasta. Of course they roped my wife into the resort update where we were basically threatened that if we didn't buy into the points club they were going to raise our maintenance fees (which they have done since 1991 anyway)The new pool complex is great. The beach is probably the best on the island for those of us who don't get naked.
As always many good meals. Chesterfields was great: food, service and view. Pineapple Petes ribs were out of this world, very busy. Tried Lagoonies and it was good food and very reasonably priced drinks in Cole Bay Marina. Avantika rocked with some of the best Thai food I have ever had. Moulin Foo is still the best on the island. We tried Emilios which is next to the new Nature reserve park(zip line,chair lift tube slide) and it was excellent. It is in a historic building where the slaves used to boil sugar cane. The food was as good as the ambiance.The Palms was great, the owners make you feel like your are eating in their kitchen, the food was excellent. My wife had surf and turf and her filet was as good as the one I had at Moulon Foo. And the deserts were outrageous. We also were one of the first to try out their new credit card machine. Went to Orient and they are rebuilding.The village looked busy. Went to Le String and saw our old friend John. We used to call him Michael Jordan because he wore Jordan jersey. He had on a SF 49ers shirt so now do we call him Jerry Rice? The food was amazing and very reasonable. Free chairs with lunch. So good to be back