I think it is important to note that the person in the other thread was not refused boarding when the gate agent questioned their test not having "PCR" written on it, only that since they had another test result available they used it rather than to WAIT WHILE THE AGENT GOT CLARIFICATION.

I found this on the website of another outfit offering the ID now test (the bold is mine). It clearly states that the ID NOW test IS a PCR test.

Rapid Molecular PCR Testing

While PCR tests for COVID-19 once could only be done in labs, they can now be carried out quickly on-site, producing results in a matter of minutes. Where these rapid COVID testing units are available, they are a great option for getting fast and reliable results.

At Physicians Immediate Care, we are able to offer the Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 Rapid Molecular PCR test (This is a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test – NAAT) with results in under 15 minutes. We prefer this test due to its high accuracy (less than a 0.5% chance that a negative result is inaccurate) and speed of results. Results are available in less than 15 minutes, making it the fastest rapid point of care molecular COVID-19 test. Fast, accurate results help us follow up immediately and provide the best possible care for our patients.

LeAnn

url=https://www.tickerfactory.com][Linked Image][/url]