LoveSun,

Carol put it under a different thread so you can find it there. We will be using Owner's Time through Sunsail/Moorings for our BVI trip this year so not taking the USVI boat. It's confusing but my husband and I own a 40ft Leopard Cat that is in charter with the Moorings in Martinique so we get owner's time through either Sunsail/Moorings most places they have a base (no US bases unfortunately). The USVI boat is actually my brother's boat and is in private charter with Paradise Yacht Management. You can actually get your boat into BVI waters from out of BVI waters but you have to hire someone to do it and be approved through the BVI government. From what I heard it is pricey, since you have to pay someone to take it while you fly in.

Rick,

When I wrote about Coral Bay, I actually thought about you and hoped I didn't offend you! We do love Coral Bay and actually looked to buy there but unfortunately we just couldn't afford the boat and St. John real estate prices. We ended up buying a cute little condo in St. Thomas. We did experience the influx of people trying to anchor (without experience) in Coral Bay and even offered to help a couple on a Moorings boat but they wouldn't take our help. One of the reasons we went over to Hansen Bay is so that we would be more comfortable with a night on anchor and not worried about swinging into someone. Love to hear that there are more plans to clean up the bay. Our long term plan is to live down there full time. My husband has been trying to get a job with the Park Service (he currently works for the Forest Service in Colorado) so maybe he will someday be a part of the continued clean up!

Sue
s/v Ripple
Leopard 40

[Linked Image]