Originally Posted by bdeeley
Kathy,

Quoted below is my most recent interaction with the St. Maarten EHAS team. (**Please read the quoted emails from bottom to top). Many members that respond to the EHAS requests and submissions are doing double duty as they are also members of the St. Maarten Tourism Dept. Within the email thread below are three members from EHAS, Jacquelyn Walker, Wendy Doran York and Sherry Richardson. As you can see from the thread, you should be able to reach out to any of the 3 or any other member of EHAS and get the same results that I received. Also, you may contact EHAS direct by phone at (721) 542-1570.

This is my third time by email, since February 2021, that I have reached out to EHAS and received the same response. It has not always been this quick a reply and there has always been a bit of confusion(I attribute some of this to my own way of asking the questions) but I have always received the same result. I have called one time, to EHAS, and also received a positive response.

You now have at your disposal, my most recent email thread, directly with EHAS, that confirms that Abbott BinaxNOW AG Card is accepted with Telemedicine. You have links directly to the official Government website and Government Facebook page that will show the actual pronouncements from Sint Maarten Government that they accept the BinaxNow test. And, you have all the contact information that you need to directly contact members of EHAS and confirm that they will accept the test results for entry to SXM.

Just another sweet piece of information, St. Martin also accepts the test results if you are using the BinaxNow AG card for testing with Telemedicine. (if you want a reference point let me know)

My information is verified by EHAS and Sint Maarten's (own) Government Website. If you have any further questions, please reach out, I am happy to help.

*** All of the information that I have shared above is 100% factual, no opinions included.

*** Now for my opinion, I think this is a great option for testing, you can do it from home or on the island with a good internet connection, using telemedicine. You are buying 6 test kits for a total of $150(for all) which works out to $30 per test. Really nothing cheaper unless you can find testing for free. I hope this information helps many on the forum, if it was me, I would still verify by reaching out directly to EHAS by email or phone(you have all that information included here). I have seen many that say it is not ok, but I have not seen one person show that in writing. I have not seen one posting where someone said they submitted the BinaxNow with telemedicine and it was rejected but I have seen a few that have stated that they have used the test for entrance to the island, myself included. I am quite sure that I will be reaching back out to EHAS around the first of November as my trip approaches just so I have no surprises. I have already purchased additional test kits for my upcoming trip.

Best Wishes on your upcoming trip. We arrive on the 10th of November, so there is some overlap, maybe we will all run into one another.

Brian

Date: Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 2:22 PM
To: Brian Deeley <bdeeley@***.com>
Cc: "wendydoranyorkehas@gmail.com" <wendydoranyorkehas@gmail.com>, "Richardson, Sherry" <Sherry.Richardson@sintmaartengov.org>
Subject: RE: Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test for Covid...

Good afternoon Mr. Deeley

Thank you for contacting St. Maarten EHAS.

My name is Jacquelyn Walker I am one of the EHAS administrative assistant with the island of St Maarten.

Pursuant to your question below yes both are acceptable for your travels.

Regards,

St, Maarten Tourism Bureau,
Jacquelyn Walker

**______________________________________________**

Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2021 1:20 PM
To: EHAS <EHAS@sintmaartengov.org>
Subject: Re: Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test for Covid...

Hello Ms. Walker,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I am still a bit confused. The Abbott BinaxNow has EUA from the US FDA. Both postings I listed are directly to your own (Sint Maarten) Government website and list the Abbott BinaxNow as now being accepted by the Government of St. Maarten for testing purposes as an Antigen test. I have cut and pasted directly from the website to below.

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=412954183595035&set=a.285344316356023[/img]

So, with the Abbott BinaxNow Rapid Antigen test having an EUA issued by the US FDA and Sint Maarten government having it posted on their own official website, does that mean that I and others can use this test for submission to EHAS for entry to Sint Maarten?

Again, thank you in advance for all of your help and for clarifying this very important matter.

Sincerely,
Brian Deeley
bdeeley@***.com
(410) 555-1212

**____________________________________________**

Date: Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 12:24 PM
To: Brian Deeley <bdeeley@***.com>
Cc: "wendydoranyorkehas@gmail.com" <wendydoranyorkehas@gmail.com>, "Richardson, Sherry" <Sherry.Richardson@sintmaartengov.org>
Subject: RE: Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test for Covid...

Good afternoon Mr. Deeley

Thank you for contacting St. Maarten EHAS.

My name is Jacquelyn Walker I am one of the EHAS administrative assistant with the island of St Maarten.

Pursuant to your question below yes the Abbott ID NOW is accepted it is now considered a PCR test and the Binxa is accepted once it is FDA or EUA approved. Hope this is suffice information.

Regards,

St, Maarten Tourism Bureau,
Jacquelyn Walker

**_______________________________________________**

Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2021 11:29 AM
To: EHAS <EHAS@sintmaartengov.org>
Subject: Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen test for Covid...

Hello,

I’m reaching out to try and get a definitive answer on whether or not the Abbott BinaxNow rapid Antigen test is acceptable for submission for entry to SXM. According to the Official Sint Government website and the associated Facebook page for Sint Maarten Government, the test was approved for submission of results for entrance by using EHAS. I would kindly request a response on whether or not you are accepting the results from a medical group using the BinaxNow testing. I reference the two listing below that states that SXM is accepting this test.

The Official Website; Government of Sint Maarten
http://www.sintmaartengov.org/Press...COVID-19-Ag-Card-rapid-antigen-test.aspx

Facebook page: Government of Sint Maarten
https://www.facebook.com/SXMGOV/pos...-rapid-antigen-test-th/1819391628232154/

Your response is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for all of your help.

Sincerely,
Brian Deeley
bdeeley@***.com
(410) 555-1212

Can not thank you enough! I got my email reply within hours and I am beyond excited, thank you for doing the leg work and sharing!!

[Linked Image]