Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by sunman60
lots have been said about the over the top drinking by people in charge of a boat but I want to add this; you're chartering from them right? rather than a company; so they've had free bed and board for the duration of your holiday plus what they're making on the charter fees so in my mind that's enough. I'm a Brit so I know we have a different attitude towards tipping than some here but I wouldn't be giving any tip at all, in my opinion they've already had that, and some.

Or to say it another way, you are vacation in their home. These are owner/operators. Have some respect and tip according to the local norms. You don't have to like it, that's why Motel 8 exists.

I'm sorry I've pinched a nerve here Jason but if you read back up this thread you'll see that you, and others don't drink on a rental like this, never mind drinking copious amounts and charging it to the guests. So no, I'm sorry, if they were drinking at lunch, and dinner as we've read then local norms go out the window imo, some people suggest adjusting the tip to take account of the excessive spending and I agree, at least.