Just got home from our 6 days trip. Overall - we really liked it. If weather at Oriental beach would cooperate, it would be a really dream vacation. Unfortunately high winds and very rough ocean made it completely unusable place. But we did have a car and went to 4 different beaches - Great Bay, Mullet beach, Anse Marcel Beach and Pinel Island. Not sure which is the best, I think the best beach was at Great Bay, beach food - definitely at Anse Marcel Beach, resort, view - Anse Marcel Beach. If Pinel island would be bigger, than it could of been a contender, but with the amount of people there, plus very chaotic ferry arrangement (especially coming back when everyone wanted to leave at the same time) made it not a place that I wanted to go back. I am sure there are other beaches that should make the list that we didn't vist, but after driving back to our hotel for more than an hour from Mullet beach, we did not want to explore any beaches further than 20 min ride.
I still think Oriental beach could be a winner if weather would be better. We really loved our hotel - Orient Beach resort and really like the area around it - very upscale. Nice square where they have few really good restaurants was few minutes walk away.
Maybe when we come back during different time of the year, the weather will be better.

Last edited by Dmitry; 03/13/2022 09:37 PM.