Even though we have cruised a lot, and I do a lot of research myself, I still get Bonnie Buchanan (CruiseOne) to offer any comment on and make the arrangements with the cruise line. Especaily as a first cruiser, I think you would be well advised to use a cruise TA such as Bonnie.

You probably could have a great cruise on any of those three ships you name on one of the three lines. In some ways, you sound like a good fit for Celebrity (age - general description), but in other ways, for NCL or RC (reference to no formal dress).

One thing that can be very important is deciding what kind of cabin you want and will get. Are you going to get a suite or are you willing to take an interior? NCL has the haven thing for suites which is pretty nice (Bonnie loves it) but it is relatively expensive.

How do the itineraries and prices compare among the three you mention and others during the time you want to go? Remember to understand not only what are the ports of call, but how long you are in the ports of call.

Just personally, I think Allure is too big and "unnecessary" for a port intensive Med cruise. Allure and Oasis are great ships just as a destination in and of themselves. But, if you are going to Med ports that you have never been to or have not spent any time in for decades, then I do not feel the need for all the attractions of a giant ship. Indeed, for European cruising, many of our cruising friends prefer the river cruising - which of course are much smaller and different boats. I would add here as well that you may not want to pay for something like the NCL Haven if you are really interested in the ports and plan to spend a lot of the day time ashore.

There are just so many options and possibilities that, again, I would recommend talking with an experienced cruise TA.