We had a similar positive experience with AA, less than one month ago.

Due to an accident in Grenada, Caribbean, my wife and I flew from Grenada to Miami to Denver and requested a wheelchair after each flight.

AA in Grenada called us to board the plane before anyone else, based on me needing a wheelchair in Miami.

In Miami, the wheelchair was waiting as we walked off the plane. The lady propelling the chair pushed me nearly a mile, up and down ramps, to Customs/Immigration (Global Entry), helped the scanner read my face, pushed me to baggage claim, grabbed a porter to get our bags off the carousel, put our bags on the connecting flight and then off we went to clear security in Miami again.

The lady took a back way to security, avoiding the massive lines, where the security officer gave us two passes (to avoid taking anything out of our bags or taking shoes off, etc.).

The nice lady quikly whisked us out of security and deposited us at the AA gate for Denver.

Her name is Margarita and she was from Cuba. She definitely deserved the tip I gave her!

It was an unbelievable, fantastic experience with Margarita, AA, Customs/Immigration and Homeland Security in Miami.