Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
First, do NOT go to SSBB with all your luggage in the car!!!!!! Can I say that again?? NO. If you are doing only carry-on, you could do it, so long as you take your luggage with you.

Not even if our bags are all in the trunk? Are car break ins near SXM that much worse than in your average US city? Sorry if I'm being horribly dense. And yes, we travel light. 1 carry on & 1 personal item each.

I'm not sure why you need to buy a small pair of scissors on island. If you need them, just bring them with you.

You're right, nevermind. I just checked TSA & I can take small ones with me.

If you're not going to Pinel, no reason to drive to Cul de Sac to take pictures. Nothing to take pictures of.

Even if we don't go out to Pinel, I'm hoping to see as much of the island as we can, even if it's just a quick look & a picture. And I enjoy taking lots of pictures which may or may not be share worthy, especially when this may be the 1 time that we ever visit St Martin.

You & scubaman have raised another question. The island is pretty small, right? It looks like cul de sac is only a 6 minute drive from my resort. Philipsburg shows as 27 minutes from Mullet Bay. Are the estimated drive times on Google maps wrong? Or are you just thinking about what would be best based on your experience? A 15 minute side trip to assess the sargassum situation 1st hand seems like it would be worth it to us.