You may want to get there and get settled the first day. Sunset looks fun on line but it isn’t all that great. If you want to people watch just go downtown Nashville and you have it. If you arrive at 2:30 pm, by the time you clear customs and get your car it could be close to 3:30- 4:00. You do not want to travel to Secrets in the dark, the road is no fun.

Caribbean weather forecasts are never accurate until the day of, maybe. Also it could be raining on one side and not the other so I would never plan ahead with weather as a factor unless the is a Tropical Storm headed close. When we travel to Jamaica it says rain everyday. We have never seen a drop in the daytime just showers overnight so I guess they were right.

I would hang mostly on the French side. It’s close to base and you can see Grand Case, Orient and Cul-de Sac if you want. Don’t spend you day in traffic, lost on some road or dealing with local drivers on scooters or trucks.

It’s vacation, hang out and reconnect with each other and Secrets is probably a great place to do that. At the end of your days you will probably say “why did we rent a car? It hasn’t moved once.”