Personally speaking, you have planned a busy itinerary which, if it were me, I’d scrap the whole thing and just have a few highlights in mind. Time so has a way of getting away from you there.

Secrets is on a lovely beach location but it is pretty well removed from most of the areas you’re thinking of visiting and the road in and out can be somewhat daunting. Not sure I’d like to travel it after dark.

Re the luggage, as already stated, do NOT leave it unattended even locked in the trunk of your car. Lesley will probably tell you the same thing.

Friars Bay Beach Cafe is great but will most probably totally wreck your daily budget. By the time you rent chairs(or chair cushions?), order a round of drinks and then lunch, your daily budget is done.

Re the rhino riders, I know they’re great fun but can cause real issues for anyone with back issues to begin with.

We are Dutch side fans although the island should be seen as a whole and not as either French or Dutch. If you get to Mullet Beach, which I highly recommend, lunch at Rosie’s as a must do if you’re a fan of real beach eats . Her dry rub ribs are yummy and it’s one of the more economical beach eat locations.

Traffic can be horrendous, particularly first thing in the morning and from about 4 pm till 7-ish when people are going to or from the beaches or work. Parking in Philipsberg can be problematic, too. If a sign says NO PARKING - don’t as they can and have been known to hook cars.

Re SSBB and plane watching, if you do this please don’t try to walk on the divider wall between the two lanes of traffic and remember, this is a busy road. Please don’t block the travel lanes.. People have slipped off the divider wall and fallen into the on-coming traffic. I’d probably prefer viewing from the Boat Bar but the parking situation is easier at SSBB and my understanding is you can get comped the $5.00 parking fee.

And while in this general area, you might consider an hour or two or even lunch at El Zafiro further down White Sands road from SSBB. Chairs and umbrellas are free with the purchase of meals or drinks and it’s a very low-keyed location.

Have a wonderful trip. We’ve been visiting every year at least once a year for 49 years now and haven’t tired of our favorite island yet. There’s always something new to see or do and while we’ve vacationed on many of the other islands in the Caribbean, SXM is the only one that draws us back year after year. ENJOY! 😊😊

And as a last add-on thought, do consider an inexpensive but enjoyable meal at one of the lolos in Grand Case.

Last edited by pat; 08/21/2022 04:26 PM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."