Originally Posted by jphart
Moorings can do it! Base in Rodney Bay.
$1500 one way fee. $200/day for skipper.
All the research I’ve done suggests down island is the best way for sure. Long slog if northbound. Yes, three island C&I but that doesn’t look too bad and current plan is no weekend C&I.

We’re strongly considering, wonder if the 30nm blue water trip from St Lucia to St. V is a pro or con. May skip St V altogether and check in at Bequia instead? I can’t see doing it in less than 10 days.

I agree with all of this. Only exception might be if you are going towards summer when the winds can shift south then going south to north probably would be fine. We were there in February so it was north to south for us, but if there is a bit of south in the wind then it will be pretty close to a beam reach whichever direction you go.

I'd agree that skipping St. Vincent isn't a bad idea. We tried to do this on our trip, but since we departed from Marigot in St. Lucia after the briefing we only made it down to Cumberland Bay that first day. We did not get a good vibe in that bay and slept (tried to sleep) with the boat all locked up. Maybe just bad timing, but very aggressive locals and at least when we were down there had recently been several boardings and thefts at night. Could be different now. In any case, if you leave St. Lucia early you should pretty easily be able to make it from St. Lucia to Bequia in one day.

We found all of the exposed passages between islands (including St. Lucia to St. Vincent) to be great sailing - just keep an eye out for squalls.

Last edited by snmhanson; 08/23/2022 06:22 PM.