Originally Posted by Jeannius
Yes you can. In St Lucia you are allowed 24 hours to actually depart on a charter boat, 72 hours on a private boat. Noonsite ( link Noonsite ) is a good place to get the latest regulations.

Of course, in most places, you can safely say... Yes we cleared out yesterday intending to go straight to ( wherever) but had problems when we raised the sails so had to anchor here to fix the problem. Will nearly always get away with that although if the C&I people questioning you are corrupt (BVI for instance) they may try to 'fine' you a bit of cash.

Thanks Mike. The next paragraph says “ Yachts must, however, clear out with Immigration as passports need to be stamped on departure day.”

Firstly, if we flew into St Lucia to start a charter in Rodney Bay how do we check out? Wouldn't we first have to complete the checkout with the charter company, then ALL proceed to immigration? So what if we start a charter on day 1, overnight in Souftiere, and depart day 2 to St V. and Grenadines? Passport stamp would be day 1, actual depart on day 2. Not likely St Lucia is going to board us asking for passports as we hoist anchor and head south on day 2?!

We plan on C&I upon reaching Bequia as the first stop in the Grenadines, skipping St V as most resources suggest. Checking out at Clifton on Union, and into Grenada at Tyrrel Bay. Eventual charter end at St George's. Thus three visits to C&I, and plan on no weekends. Does that sound right?

Last edited by jphart; 08/29/2022 11:03 AM.