I had not heard about the lady who was killed but having been out in this weather just once I can easily understand how it might have happened.

I didn’t post about this to be an alarmist but this was the first time in our almost fifty years of annual SXM trips I ever had cause for concern over our personal safety in driving about the island and the possibilities of what ‘could happen’ had never occurred to us before this night.

Our friends who live relatively close to Marks tried to forewarn us but we didn’t take the situation or their words of warning seriously enough.

As we headed up the hill towards Link Road the torrential rainwater was actually causing the car to slide a bit. Thank heavens we didn’t meet much other traffic and the little we did encounter was all very considerate and dealing with their own issues.

And once we started down the hill towards the roundabout the debris in the road became our issue.
It was a scary ride and should those torrential rains happen with this latest weather front I hope other visitors will be forewarned to stay off the roads until it passes.

Last edited by pat; 09/04/2022 11:33 AM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."