Tuesday November 1 –It’s my birthday today! The original plan was to go to the beach, but looking at the cruise ship calendar, we opted to go to Philipsburg instead as there was only one ship in port. First stop was Juggie’s! What a fun time catching up with Juggie and meeting lots of new people. I had one too many chocolate shakes though. Stocked up on several bottles of Juggie’s spices and dropped off a bag of toys.

Lunch was at The Thirsty Pirate, on the Boardwalk, with ribs for Jo and grilled chicken jerk for Marc. Both meals were good,and hit the spot. The view was even better.

Next stop was at our favorite jewelers, DK Gems, where we are treated like family. Jeff, Raj and Kamal were very helpful. It's always fun trying on jewelry!

Dinner was at Le Bistronome in Grand Case (next door to Le Pressoir). It was one of the best meals we’ve had on the island. We were warmly welcomed by Chantal. For the appetizer, we split the homemade Foie Gras. It was so silky and delicious. Main courses consisted of Fishpot Stew and Slow Cooked Beef. We shared a Chocolate Fudge dessert (with a sparkler in it for my birthday). Prices are reasonable for the quality of food served. Service was outstanding, and the restaurant was full when we left. We paid in cash with a 1 to 1 exchange rate

We walked back to the apartment and called it another early evening.

Attached Files The Thirsty Pirate.JPGHomemade Foie Gras.JPGFishpot Stew.JPGSlow Cooked Beef with Foie Gras.JPGChocolate Fudge Desserrt.JPG

Jo-

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.