To add to the confusion Carol experienced yesterday with trying to put tickets on hold or book with AA, I found some changes to my March itinerary and guess what...NO NOTIFICATION!

I logged into my account to check on available seats and to see if there were any changes. There was a notice (outlined in red) at the top of the page indicating my flight changed but it indicated to "check back soon to see what changed". When I scroll, I see the same flight numbers (DAY-SXM) for both legs (one way) of the flight but a 2h 15 minute schedule change for the CLT-SXM leg. While it gets me to the island substantially later, I was not comfortable with just a 40-minute connection in CLT. One little hiccup and I likely miss the connection. A MAJOR hiccup this year caused me to miss the connection and also overnight in CLT and lose a day on the island. I now have a 2h 15 min connection window.

It will be interesting to see if I eventually get notification of this change. I booked a miles ticket with the compensation from the fiasco from the trip this year. Not really any other options at this point and more changes would not surprise me. It is confusing to see the changes but to be told to check later for the changes. It is an airline and much of what they do make little sense.

As has been stated many times here, CHECK your flights yourself and check them often as you cannot depend on any airline to notify you of changes.

Perhaps they are updating their site or changing equipment (althought flight #'s and equipemnt is indicated as being the same as when booked) as there is no option to change seats, upgrade or do anything with either leg as of right now.

Attached Files 2022-11-23 (4).png

J.D.