Originally Posted by islandgem
Always a smooth experience with wheelchair assistance! A valuable asset to travel for sure. Glad to hear everything went well for you in Miami.

While I’m glad your experience was so good, our last connection through MIA was absolutely the pits and believe me, it will definitely be our LAST through that airport.

We had requested r/t wheelchair portage at the time we purchased our tickets and had no problems on the JFK to SXM portion of the trip or in SXM while awaiting our departure. I verified when leaving SXM the wc request was still in our records and was assured the wheelchair porter would meet us as we exited the plane in MIA. We waited a full half hour with an AA gate agent after the plane had emptied before the wheelchair finally arrived, and when it did finally get to the gate there was one chair and three of us waiting for them.

When we finally started our journey through the terminal in MIA our porter was terrible. She stopped frequently to chat with friends and pretty much threw us to the wolves at the baggage carousel. We told her we were TSA pre-checked and had GE and we still put us in a line where we had to fill out paper forms and experience more wait time. Midway to our departing gate apparently her shift ended and she left us waiting for another porter.

I’m not usually into complaining but this experience was so bad I sent a letter after the fact to which I never received any response at all.

So bottom line, while I’m glad some have had great experiences in MIA, ours was terrible and that’s almost being complimentary. NEVER AGAIN for this incapacitated traveler.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."