A little story about my DFW/Hyatt experience. Since I was concerned about my 1.5-hour connection in MIA, I cancelled my reservation at the Grand Hyatt because I didn't want to be stuck paying for a hotel reservation that I couldn't use if I didn't make the connection. Turned out that with wheelchair assistance, I made the connection with time to spare. I then attempted to re-reserve a room at the Grand Hyatt. I wasn't sure the reservation went through and did not receive the usual confirming email. I board the plane not knowing if I had a reservation or not. After landing at DFW, I opted not to use wheelchair assistance since SkyLink was close and it wasn't a long walk after getting off the train.

When I got to the reservation desk, I asked if I had a reservation. She could see that my previous reservation was cancelled but there was no new reservation, and . . . the hotel was fully booked. She tried to reinstate my previous reservation to no avail but said they did have a "comfort suite" available. She assured me there was a bed and full bath but that there would also be a conference table. I said I would take it.

When I got to the room, the door said "service entrance." I went in and there was a quite large pantry with several coffee makers, lots of water and juices, even a stovetop. Going through the next door, I came upon a large room that included a conference table with 8 chairs, a desk, a murphy bed, and a full bathroom. Only when seeing the side of the room with the bath did I notice there was a second "main" entrance door to the room. The bed was very comfortable, but the room was a new and interesting experience.

[Linked Image]