I stayed there under previous ownership, in 2021, and I have a return visit planned for next month. During my visit, I was the only guest; I had the place to myself! I saw the owner (Gerard) on my first day and last day. That's it.

Regarding the restaurants nearby, l'Oasis is walkable. Fairly steep hill down, and the same steep hill walking back. About 300 feet each way. And connected to l'Oasis is a (very) small bakery/convenience store. The other nearby restaurants, while not far away, are not walkable due to the lack of sidewalks.

Regarding safety, I never felt unsafe while there. During my visit, there wasn't much car traffic (and zero foot traffic), so I considered it both quiet and safe. The previous owner required me to park in the street. I was OK with this, and I saw no evidence that anybody tampered with my rental car during overnight hours. IMO, because it's "off the beaten path," it's not on the radar of the local criminal element. There are more fruitful opportunities for petty theft in other parts of the island.

Of course, because it's off the beaten path, it's not nearby the restaurants, bars, and nightlife of Simpson Bay, Maho, Phillipsburg, Orient, Grand Case, etc. It has a very "residential" feel. I felt like a local resident, rather than a tourist, and I liked that. No parking garage, no check-in desk. Just my unit and the (shared) pool.

Also, note that the units have neither a television nor telephone.

Anyway, I found it good enough for a repeat visit. I'll provide more detail after my February visit.