I've rented from Hertz for years and have always been happy with their service and equipment. Last year I hit a pothole and blew both tires on the passenger side. Both tires were very worn with very little tread. They charged $280.00 for 2 tires but said I could submit the claim to my credit card company. Since I rent for six weeks I have to return the car after 4 weeks and start a new rental because credit card companies won't cover rentals longer than 4 weeks. I went thru this drill last year and got the receipt for the first 4 weeks. BIG PROBLEM hertz didn't submit the charge to the credit company and waited until I returned the car after 6 weeks and entered the entire charge as a single line item. M/C refused the claim based on this. I have since learned from a friend at Hertz that they don't buy their tires 2 at a time(as the bogus bill from a tire company they showed me indicated) but buy tires in bulk at very good prices. The topper was when I picked up the same car the next morning it had 2 very worn tires to replace the ones that were damaged!

This year, after the first week we had one flat tire(the spare was as bald as an innertube) and one dead battery.

I'm not renting any more junk from Hertz.