Originally Posted by Bob S
I am new to the forum and this is my first post. Interesting conversation and great forum. My sailing experience has been exclusively in New England and $55.00 is about the going rate for moorings here. I am just beginning my research to charter the BVI hopefully in May. I've been playing around in here for the last few days. If I'm lucky enough to put this together how difficult is it to grab a mooring in May? I hate the idea of getting up early to make it to the next destination in order to find an open FCFS mooring. It takes away from the peacefulness being on the ocean provides. Is it worth joining boatyball? Sounds a lot like Dockwa up here in the states. I'm not a fan but it seems like the world is going in that direction.

As MrEZgoin said above, you don't have to "join" Boatyball although it is good to create your profile ahead of time and make sure that you are logged in before 7am in order to reserve your ball. Last May we only needed to use BB in the popular anchorages like Cooper and Great Harbor.

Sue
s/v Ripple
Leopard 40

[Linked Image]