If you're adventurous, and not expecting roads to be like they are in the States, driving on Tortola is not really that bad. Having said that, the driving is not for the faint of heart! All of the above is right talking about the hills (my phone once told me to follow the road up to someplace, and all I could think was that they forgot the word STRAIGHT to go with up the road - it was like a rollercoaster hill!), the speeds, the pedestrians, the goats, the cows, and anything else that could make the experience "sporty."

I would also add watch out for the "speed bumps" that they like to put in the roads. They really tend to be near churches and any sort of populated areas, but the bumps are meant to slow down locals and tourists alike, and really should be called "speed mounds" - small sharp hills designed to shake loose fillings out of your head - you'll only hit one of those at speed!

Really, the driving will add to the vacation experience, and you'll have more than a few stories to share with friends and family before you're done. And you'll save a ton on cab fare. Just take your time, downshift appropriately, and figure that you're not the first to drive these roads, and if they all survived (okay, maybe one or two didn't make it) so can you!

Have fun! Paradise is meant to be a savored adventure!

Last edited by Time Will Tell; 03/17/2023 02:19 PM.

Peter
s/y Time Will Tell (2019 Lagoon 42)
peter@syTimeWillTell.com