Our first time renting on Tortola the car had a sticker on the dash that said "keep left and blow horn frequently." I thought the horn blowing was for on coming traffic on the steep curving roads on the hills and mountains to let them know you were on the road too but coming and not going. Well, as it turned out the horn blowing was more useful for the free range goats and cows on the road...lol. So, eyes on the road, hands on the wheel. And the one thing that still gets me is
that as an American citizen I am used to speed limits at miles per hour (MPH) which is what the BVI uses but most of the rentals we have had are cars tuned to kilometers. I have no clue what 35 mph is in kilometers. Plus the locals drive as fast as they want to. I have been passed regularly by locals driving way over the posted limit. Potholes do pop up, too. So, you might want to think of driving your rental as something similar to an amusement park roller coaster riide...lol. Have fun, enjoy, don't neglect the sunscreen and we will be down in May for three weeks....yaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!