Finally made it to Gutside. Tried to convince hubby every year and he’d say the name turns him off. After reviews here he gave in today.

We were. Warmly welcomed by a tall gentleman who identified himself as “Uncle Freddie” then he said his name was Richard. Nice sweet man. He seated us and supplied a simplistic menu of fish, shrimp, ribs, stewed pork and a couple of other items. No aptzr listed, no desserts.

Hubby ordered Snapper Fillet and I ordered ribs. Both plates came with rice, fried plantain, green beans, carrots rice & beans. We each had a bottle of Ting. A.ll for an unbelievable €32.

Ribs were uniquely delicious, unlike any bbq ribs I’d had before. The sauce was garlicky sweet, sticky not dry, I detected a hint of turmeric. Hubby loved the fish that was smothered with peppers & onions. He liked it so much he said he like to go back again before we leave on this trip.

When we got up to leave Richard said we could not until he got a squeeze and practically broke my rib.

The place doesn’t look like much from the road and not much better inside. I’d say more of a beach area, plastic tables & chairs one seated 6 another 8 or 10 and 4 tables for two. Old wooden floor that creaks. Walls covered with license plates. A small bar with a see thru to kitchen. No need to dress up here.