I understand your feelings totally. My husband passed away 6 years ago and I thought it would be so different for me vacationing in our favourite spot without the love of my life. In 2018, I decided to give it a try as I have many friends who we have always met up with in November. Through the years, we have made friends with many local residents as well , so it is always a "home coming" each year. It was my first year renting a car there alone and driving alone on the roads at night. I prefer to stay close to the Simpson Bay area at night as I stay at Beachside Villas or The Atrium and I feel safer in that area. The trip went well and I returned again in 2019 and 2022. I missed 2020 and 2021 due to the Covid 19 Pandemic. I adjusted my time from our usual 5 weeks to three weeks and that feels just right for being alone there. I usually travel with Westjet, but they have changed their flights from Ottawa for this year so I have not made my plans yet for November. Travelling alone and staying alone is not fun, but it now becomes a necessity.

You have to do what feels right for you. I know my husband would want me to live my best life and in a way I feel very close to him when I am there. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me here by Private message and we can chat about things pertaining to our island paradise.