Both of those numbers seem a bit low to me, especially the medical evac. When we book through Insure my Trip, I always look for a minimum of at least 100K for each. On our upcoming trip, I think the policy I actually purchased was either 500K or $1M for medical evac. For the medical, I think it was like 200K. As I said before, our supplement pays 80% outside the country. For medical expenses, also look to see whether the coverage is PRIMARY or not. If it is secondary, you may need to pay up front for expenses and wait to be reimbursed from the insurance company. To get primary medical payments, often the policy is a lot more expensive and the cost may be prohibitive.

As stated before, Sky Med is ONLY medical evac, but I believe it is primary coverage, so you just call them and they take care of everything. And Sky Med is one of the few that takes you to wherever your home is. Most medical evac policies take you to the closest medically acceptable hospital. In most cases from SXM, that's probably going to be somewhere in Florida. Now, somewhere in Florida is perfectly fine for me, but for someone who lives on the West Coast, or Michigan, it might not be so great.

And one more thing--the better policies also have a kind of concierge service, for want of a better word. You call them up and say "I have a dental emergency" or "my rental car has been stolen", or "I lost my passport", whatever, and they step you through what you are supposed to do.

Carol Hill