Hi TTOL Friends:

We are planning our two annual BVI charters. I noticed that the former CYOA at Frenchtown USVI (right by ferry dock) has been taken over by a new outfit.

In addition, Compass Point Marina is hosting a charter company.

Has anyone used either or both of these companies to pick the boat up in USVI and cruise BVI? There is now an app that allows one to check in through BVI Customs without leaving the boat?

During covid I chartered with DYC out of Compass Pointe. There is a supermarket right there, the Dive Bar at the marina, and the location is shorter distance to BVI.

I also chartered with the old CYOA- just one time. Never went back because it was the mythical nightmare charter- indifferent staff and truly crummy boat. The end of the CYOA charter experience was to refuel at the cruise ship terminal (yes, really), and take staff for a check back in ride on the boat. Try doing that with three young, hot, tired kids at the end of a week long charter.

I think getting off the plane at STT and starting the charter in either Charlotte Amalie or Compass Pointe sounds great in theory- avoid the STT to BVI transfer. I am wondering how it works out in practice.

If anyone has done it recently, appreciate your thoughts.

Best-

JAM
Annapolis, Md

Last edited by Bvicatter; 04/17/2023 03:43 PM.