On our last trip a couple weeks ago, we did just the opposite. We wanted to do some amazing hikes this trip and haven't sailed to St John since 2019. We started out in the BVI, sailed to Jost Van Dyke and checked out at Customes. They now use the apt Sailclear which make checking out very easy. Total fees for the 4 of us, $15. We spent the afternoon at White bay and headed for St. John at 7 AM the next mooring. Using ROAM, we checked into the USVI while moored in Leinster Bay. After being cleared which only took about 20 minutes we hiked over to the sugar mill ruins and then to the Murphy house. Next morning the girls hiked the trail to Coral Bay while my friend Bob and I sailed around St John to Coral Bay. We met up and had a great lunch at "Skinny Legs" before spending the night at Great Lamisher Bay. Since I have a "senior pass" to the national parks, mooring fees were only $13. Next morning we sailed over to Reef Bay and hiked to the sugar mill and on to the Petroglyphs. This is a must trail to hike. After that, we sailed over to Christmas Bay for pizza that evening from the pizza boat, Pizza PI. It's fun taking the dingy for carry out. Next morning we returned to Great Harbor and checked in again using the Sailclear apt. Spent that day at Norman, hiking and snorkeling the Indians before heading back to Fat Hog Bay the next day. We go down 5 or 6 times a year so it's fun to mix it up now and than. Heading back in 2 weeks for a 2 week sail with "the guys". Looking forward to spending a few days in Anegada this time.