If you are talking about finically a good idea. I remember seeing properties on the French side 15 year ago selling for $350,000 or so now selling for well over a million dollars. Simpson Bay 20 years ago their is a group of 4 or 6 condos on the beach that you could have gotten for about $50,000 to $75,000 each. Now at least $450,000. Palm Beach and CoCos both great investments. CoCo had garden units from $300,000 , I thought they were crazy back then,,,,,,,,and now I seen beachfronts 2 bedrooms pushing a Million dollars to buy. The prices of California or Florida waterfront is sky high prices , ,million and millions for a small condo or townhouse. SXM is very very well priced, I would say its even a bargain compared to USA its the Caribbean ! Not to mention huge property taxes in the USA ....French side taxes very reasonable and Dutch side NO Property tax! We have friends that bought in 2002 , pretty sure their villa is worth 5 time more now plus they have good cash flow from vacation rentals. Put it in Real Estate. Lots of things can tank very quickly. Banks, Stock Market, etc. Property is normally a little more stable and some people just not cut our for what they think is a hassle or risky. Obviously lots of options on this! IMO.

Last edited by foreversxm; 04/23/2023 01:24 PM.