Started the morning with our usual ham, cheese and egg croissant from chef Mahokid

Caught some early morning rays and with the clouds coming in decided to venture to Gran Case for some lolo lunch
Made it to Mt Hope estate and decided it was best to turn around because of the flooding and very poor visibility

Orange fever was our next choice
Some cream cheese stuffed jalapenos were shared followed by a med rare burger with mushrooms, onions and goat cheese and mahi mahi
the rum shots were smooth
JC took the day off because of a limited lunch crowd

We cancelled our La Villa reservations because of the weather and hopped over to the village to try a fairly new restaurant Le Petite Bistro
Owned and run by a young lovely couple with the previous head chef from Atelier across the way
They feature Lyonnaise French cuisine which offered some different menu items than the norm and all the plates going by looked very good

We shared the reiliettes of the day which was tuna and mahi mahi
I would compare this dish similar to a very good tuna fish salad

my wife ordered the burrata salad while I stuck to the plan of trying not to order my usual choice and tried the oeufs cocotte
This was a petite casserole pot baked with egg, mushroom and bacon

MIss SXM went off course and ordered a beef special with arugula, sun dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese
not sure what cut of meat it was but it was sliced thin, moist and very tasty.
The leftover meal made a nice accompaniment to todays lunch at home

I ordered a seafood dish that reminded be of a bouillabaisse with a not rich lobster base

Stuffed, we shared the profiteroles filled with ice cream and topped with chocolate sauce

Attached Files ham & cheese crossiant.jpgfever mojito.jpglpb rielettes.jpgLPB cocette.jpgLPB Fish.jpgLPB Profiteroles.jpg