Carol, your advice to this first-timer is spot-on, except that when you use "right" and "left" they may not realize that you are writing from the perspective of someone facing the ocean upon arriving at the beach. Even using a more accurate description such as "the south end of the beach" to identify the location of the former Club O section would be worthless to someone not fully aware that the beach more or less stretches from south to north. Or, standing there, which direction is which. Moreover, telling visitors who are unfamiliar with Orient where to find things can be tricky enough without further specifying which road in they might take. Offhand, I can think of at least five different ways the public can reach the beach, going from south to north--(1) the road pointing to Club O and the Butterfly Farm, (2) the entrance to Parc de la Baie Orientale leading to a road where one can turn left en-route to Cocoa Beach, or instead, (3) continuing straight down to the beach at Orient Village, (4) the road to the ruins of Palm Beach (the former "mystery" spot), or (5) the road leading to the late, raucous Boo Boo Jam, the sign for which still was there last February, as I recall.

Maybe someone else can come up with a better way of providing directions now that I have wasted this time imagining a drive to Orient beach, which is the next best alternative to lying on the beach!

P.S. We're all set to arrive for our usual three weeks beginning 02-11-2024 and counting the days!

Mikey