Bob,
Agree with George. Plan to get to Honeymoon/Caneel, Maho/Francis, or Waterlemon Cay the first day - all have a lot to offer. And stay at one of the other 3 on your last night back. Savannah Bay is redlined with Waypoints and most charter companies. Consider Long Bay/Mountain Point. I don't know any reason you would want a customs agent for return, unless you are required to (would not be on Waypoints). Of course, Jay is your best resource for this.

As an fyi, we have chartered with Waypoints 5 times (4 out of BVI and 1 out of St. Thomas) and they have been incredible. Boats new and meticulously maintained. We are in the process of putting a cat in Charter with them in USVI, beginning this December. The dealer, ACY, has been great to work with as well. We had always planned on having a boat in the BVI as that is where we expect to spend most of our time. But we also enjoy the USVI and SVI and like the flexibility of being able to fly direct to St. Thomas, hop on the boat, and maybe even do a shorter trip if necessary.

I am happy to share my thoughts and experiences thus far on the above in detail, if you would like to connect directly.

Rush